Aisyah's Mom & Dad say, "Parenting is a process..."

Sunday, August 29, 2010

FTT and Surah

Downloaded all Shelly Duvall's Faerie Tale Theater months ago. It was a nice feeling to be able to watch my fave FTT over and over again. My all time fave is Jack & The Beanstalk, Hansel & Gretel, Aladdin, The Dancing Princesses, Thumbelina, Cinderella & of course, Snow White.

Decided to convert all FTT to DVD so it will be easy for Ayeesha and I to watch in the future, Insya'Allah.

Watching FTT over again make me realize that this is one way to teach Ayeesha English. Vocabularies used in FTT are suitable for all ages. There are vocabularies which are familiar for young kids as well as adults. Most conversations spoken are very refreshing though it was filmed in early 1980's. Phrases found are very easy to understand, remember and even easy to memorize by young kids! Some are very catchy phrases and might help young kids to use it in everyday conversations.

Apart from wonderful scripts presented, the sets of each episode are beautiful and unique. The costumes, the musics are very beautiful displayed and planned. Not to mention the actors of each episode are very great with their role!

I know it is still very too way early to talk about wanting to watch FTT DVD with Ayeesha, but I just can't stop my curiosity to help her with her language later in life. Hubby and I have decided to use both Bahasa Melayu and English at home. Always Bahasa Melayu with dad and always English with mom. We both have agreed to use OPOL (one Parent One Language) system at home.

Of course, being a muslim, it's my duty as well as hubby to prepare Ayieesha for Islam in her life. Ever since my early pregnancy, I have always made Ayeesha listen to simple Surahs from the Quran by putting my earphone on my tummy. And sometimes, I read it myself each time after prayer, if I find the time. I had completed my 30 juzu'  a month ago and I believe Ayeesha did get to hear most of the surahs, Insya'Allah ( we will never know, but I do hope she had). 

LotsofLove,
IbuAyeesha

No comments:

Post a Comment