Aisyah's Mom & Dad say, "Parenting is a process..."

Thursday, September 23, 2010

What EXTRAS to bring?


After reading lots of articles on labor, am still not aware of what to bring to the hospital. What I have read sounds logic but what real people do in real life is far of more sound and acceptable. I have always reminded myself to be sure to prepare ahead of time by packing both necessities and extra indulgence for the baby and I. In my view, there is no harm in bringing extras as it might give me comfort as this is my 1st experience in labor. I have already prepared the baby’s necessities since two months ago (I was 7 months pregnant then) and just recently prepared my own necessities approximately just yesterday!
I have packed and sorted out different bags for my labor. 1st bag consists of things for the labor and delivery and also things for my journey home with my new bundle of joy (these things might come into 2 bags for some people).  As for my 2nd bag is things for my stay at the maternity ward.
Here is a handy list of extra items (after consulting with some friends and family members) that I’m going to bring to help me through my childbirth as well as my hospital stay.
  • word games/ puzzles to pass the time
  • camera, to snap some memorable pictures in the ward
  • thermos; drinks
  • a pair of socks to keep my feet warm and toasty
  • lip balm to keep lips moisturized
  • a comfortable ‘kaftan’ and an XL size T-shirt with an opening at the front to make breastfeeding easier
  • lappy to update friends and relatives in FB
  • a nursing bra and lots of extra panties
  • a hot water bottle for pain relief
  • tennis balls to squeeze for pain relief or to use as a massage aid (suggested on the net)
  • favorite nourishing snacks or glucose tablets to keep me energized

Love,
IbuAyeesha

No comments:

Post a Comment